<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 03, 2013

Still wanna hang myself 

Yes, it's finally May. I endured the entire month of April without successfully selling a single phone. I need a new job so damned bad.

Yesterday, the minute I walked in, there was a guy trying to buy a prepaid phone. He was wound tight and extra jumpy, Mr. Tweaky. I helped him find a super cheap phone. Seriously, 4.99. You can't complain if a $5 phone breaks, right? Well as soon as he paid for it he asked me to take care of activating it for him. Normally, I'd jump right on my computer and log onto the company's website and activate the phone. But no, there is no task too small for Innitech to spend thousands of dollars to screw up. This past week, they decided to block us from pretty much everything on the internet. Literally the only sites we can get to are our email, the time keeping program, the main home page where we do contract phone activations and tradeins, and AT&T, since they're that idiotic exception to the whole contract-activation process. Nothing else. Not even freaking GOOGLE. I can't activate a Boost phone. Or Tracfone or Net10 or anybody else. I can't research phones--shit, I can't research anything. A customer asks me if the phone they're looking at is hearing aid compatible? How the fuck will I know? Stupid motherfuckers.

So no, Mr. Tweaky, I can't activate your phone for you. "There's a number you can call." (Well then fucking call it, you goddamned moron!). "Yes, you should dial that number on the phone that you just bought." He insisted I do it. Again, I can't. No computer, and as it happens, no phone I can dial out on. I am not fucking using my goddamned personal phone to activate tweaker's burner phones. MOTHERFUCKER. "I want to speak to your manager."

OH. MY. FUCKING GOD.

Luckily, the cool manager was in. He suggested all the things I had already explained I couldn't do. He offered his personal phone. I said no, we should not be activating these phones on our personal cell phones--first of all some of the systems are set up to automatically identify numbers that call in, and if you're calling from a cell, they assume that's their phone that you're trying to activate. In some cases, you end up on a call/text list that gets billing and marketing reminders. Not a good idea.

He thought about it a while and did some calling around on the walkie. We can call out on the phone by the fitting room. I took Mr. Tweaky over and activated his phone for him. By the end of it, he had apologized profusely for yelling at me, he'd just had a really rough day and his phone situation had left him with no patience. That is a problem I can sympathize with, Mr. Tweaky. In the course of his conversation, Cool Manager revealed that the entire Bullseye staff collectively sit in wonder that I have not lost my freaking mind over all the problems this switchover has caused me. Well, I guess it's good that they recognize the problem. And good that nobody's noticed that I've already freaking LOST MY GODDAMNED MIND.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?